Saturday, February 12, 2011

homeward bound

Two weeks from today we'll be on an airplane heading towards the states!  It's been almost 14 months since we were home and I'm a tiny bit excited.  I'm looking forward to a lot of things including....

Because rice is dominant in Asia, bread is often used more as a sweet snack, making it almost impossible to find good whole grain bread.  Even in New Zealand, where surely there must have been quality bread if I really knew where to look, nothing could compare, for me, to Ezekiel Bread.  I can't wait to putz around the aisles of Trader Joe's and buy my Ezekiel Bread, lemon curd, kefir and three buck chuck!
Lake Michigan will always be my pride and joy no matter how I toy around with the ocean in different lands. 
I promised myself after I saw dixie cups of cherries selling for the equivelent of about $3-4 dollars in South Korea, that I would never be hesitant about paying $2.99 a pound for them at home again.  I'm super keen to visit Traverse City during cherry festival time....I've never before and I want this summer to be my first!
You might be noticing that food plays a large role in what I'm looking forward to at home.  Cilantro makes life better. 
Basil also makes life better....fresh bruschetta with goat cheese is in my future!
Meeting Michigan friends for loooong chats over Michigan coffee.
Kinda sorta excited to see these people. :) 
And these people. 
And these people.

Truth be told, despite what it may look like....precious people are what I'm most looking forward to....even more than food.